Gemic is a global growth strategy firm with offices in NYC, Helsinki, and Toronto. Since 2008, we have helped business leaders translate emerging shifts in culture and technology into clear future directions and value propositions with transformative power.
Our expertise in the social sciences and business strategy unlocks growth opportunities that create real value and meaning in people’s lives. We ask the questions to decipher what is truly unique about our time, so we can weave together a picture of the possible for businesses.
We are growing fast, and are looking for intellectually curious, brave, and humble people to join us on our journey.
As a Director of Strategy at Gemic, you will be leading client relationships with some of the world’s largest and most future-facing companies. In this position you will take on a pivotal role in shaping Gemic’s culture and future direction.
What will you be doing
- Leading client relationships and portfolios of projects across industries (including, but not limited to, consumer products, food & beverage, finance & insurance, technology, clothing & apparel, retail)
- Leading high-impact projects
- Proactively growing the business, through expanding existing client relationships and new client acquisition
- Developing Gemic’s offering, methods, and culture
- Building Gemic’s thought leadership with clients and within the industry at large
What we offer
- A fast-growing consulting firm where you will be shaping the future direction of Gemic, together with the company’s Partners
- A stake in solving the most pressing business challenges of our time
- A conscientious and open environment with some of the most dynamic and inquiring minds in the industry
- A sustainable work-life balance and an environment that plans for the long term
- Competitive salary and benefits
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate:
- is passionate about the way that culture shapes business and business shapes culture, and additionally, invested in pioneering new pathways within these dynamics
- is perceptive and accommodating; kind and collaborative under pressure
- has distinguished expertise in one of our three core areas (social sciences; innovation & design strategy; business strategy) and is fluent in and passionate about the other two
- has 6+ years of experience in a top-tier strategy consultancy (innovation strategy; human sciences strategy; marketing strategy; business strategy; brand strategy)
- has 3+ years of experience in leading strategy projects for major clients, including at least 1 year of leading client relationships
How to apply
If you have the required expertise and drive to take this on, please send us your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please let us know which office you are applying for.