Gemic is a global growth strategy firm with offices in NYC, Helsinki, and Toronto. Since 2008, we have helped business leaders translate emerging shifts in culture and technology into clear future directions and value propositions with transformative power.
Our expertise in social science and business strategy unlocks growth opportunities that create real value and meaning in people’s lives. We ask the questions that decipher what is truly unique about our time so that we can weave together a picture of what’s possible for businesses.
We are growing fast, and are looking for intellectually curious, brave, and humble people to join us on our journey.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate is a thoughtful, upbeat Office Manager, who:
- enjoys keeping things orderly, is mindful of details and is comfortable multi-tasking
- can work independently under direction, but also take initiative on their own
- is able to prioritize; remaining calm and collaborative while under pressure
- has excellent written and verbal communications
- is comfortable vocalizing concerns and celebrating successes
- must have very strong tech skills with smart rooms, Microsoft Office, Google Suite and more
- has a minimum of one year experience in a similar role or agency setting
- has personal passions and an interest in global culture, people and business
What will you be doing
- Taking full ownership of our day-to-day office operations
- Ongoing improvement of how our workspace is organized and managed
- Greeting and hosting Clients as well as guests of Gemic
- HR administrative support, including interview coordination and document organization
- Finance administrative support, including expense tracking for Partners
- IT administrative support, including tracking hardware and light troubleshooting
- Smart room and meeting preparation
- Planning and execution of agency events; building and contributing to our company culture
- Management of weekly food/beverage orders
- Management of tech/office supplies and team field kits
- Management of packages/mail, building IDs and media subscriptions
- Management of opening/closing the office, our nightly cleaners and general office tidiness
What we offer
- A full-time position in our New York office located in Manhattan’s Financial District
- A sustainable work-life balance and an environment that plans for the long term
- Competitive salary and generous employer-sponsored benefits and paid time off
- Annual learning stipend, an employer-paid phone plan, gym discounts and more
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com noting “NY Office Manager” in the subject line.