Gemic is a global growth advisory firm with offices in NYC, Helsinki, and Toronto. Since 2008, we have helped business leaders translate emerging shifts in culture and technology into commercial opportunities through innovation, brand, and corporate strategy.
We are growing fast, and are looking for intellectually curious, brave, and humble people to join us on our journey.
As an Operations Lead in our NYC office, you will be responsible for all day-to-day office affairs, including Finance & HR. You will also be instrumental in developing Gemic’s global operations, together with our Global Operations Director and the Operations Leads in our Toronto and Helsinki offices.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate…
- Is comfortable multi-tasking and knows how to prioritize
- Remains kind and collaborative under pressure
- Is able to articulate both risk and opportunity, and plan accordingly
- Enjoys keeping things in order, and is hyper mindful of detail
- Is comfortable expressing concerns and action points to Partners and broader team
- Has experience and interest in client procurement, HR and Finance
- Has strong tech skills with smart rooms, Microsoft Office, Google Suite and more
- Has a minimum of 3+ years relevant experience in a similar role or agency setting
- Has an interest in global culture, people and business
What will you be doing
- Taking full ownership of our day-to-day office operations
- Ongoing improvement and management of all office needs, including supplies, maintenance, events, technology and more
- Management of Finance needs; including payroll, inputting on project costings, SOW development, general procurement needs, oversight of all expense reports and more
- Management of HR needs; including on-boarding of new hires, interns and freelance/vendors, employment contracts, benefit administration, policy maintenance and more
- Supporting Partners and senior leadership with endeavors of all shapes/sizes
- Management and growth development of an Office Assistant and their core responsibilities
- Building and contributing to company culture at large
What we offer
- This is a full-time position in our New York office located in Manhattan’s Financial District
- A sustainable work-life balance and an environment that plans for the long-term
- Competitive salary and generous employer-sponsored benefits
- Annual learning stipend, an employer-paid phone plan, gym discounts and more
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com noting “NY Operations Lead” in the subject line.