Gemic is a global growth advisory firm with offices in NYC, Helsinki, Toronto and Berlin. We help some of the world’s most iconic companies and brands set a path forward through innovation, brand, and corporate strategy.
We are growing fast, and are now looking to bring in a Senior Designer, to be based in any of our offices, and to work with teams across all three.
From excellence in strategic and conceptual communication with our standard deliverable types, to pushing the bounds of the media and modes we use to tell stories and incite action, to guiding our Strategy team in mastering their own day-to-day design capabilities, this role requires both strong design and creative capabilities along with strategic and leadership acumen.
What will you be doing
While we invite applicants to help us co-create the role based on their vision for what they can bring us, and what we can offer them in turn, the core role we see for a Senior Designer presently involves:
- Working closely with project and business development teams to help develop visual and conceptual storylines, frameworks, and models to drive pithy and impactful proposals and project deliverables
- Creating newly branded assets for daily use by the Strategy team and for business development purposes
- Acting as an ambassador for the Gemic visual brand and upholding and evolving this through client and business development assets
- Build Gemic’s new Powerpoint template, and designing and delivering training in Gemic branding guidelines and core Powerpoint skills (initially to the team at large, and on a rolling basis to new hires)
- Yes, at least in the short term, some polishing of Powerpoint documents – though the goal of the training you lead is to ensure that these asks are exceptional
- Ensuring that Powerpoint becomes just one option for us rather than our only option: not just inciting our team to move beyond Powerpoint, but building and owning innovative alternative means to deliver communicative value to our existing and potential clients
- As we grow, the potential to build and lead a team of designers globally
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate has the following technical and creative design capabilities:
- is highly proficient at using the Adobe Suite including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- is highly proficient with Microsoft Powerpoint
- has experience in various forms and mediums of digital and physical deliverables, i.e. online, email, print layout design including brochures, sell sheets, white papers, and other corporate collateral
- has working knowledge of web design tools, such as WordPress, and its capabilities and limitations – can update and create web pages based on existing templates and provide direction to web developers when necessary
- is capable of creative thinking while adhering to brand standards
- has the ability to self-manage projects and timelines, justify and present design thinking, and adapt easily to changing requirements
- has the ability to prepare for and manage print and online production
How to apply
If you think you are ready to lead design at Gemic, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why. In addition, please let us know which office you are applying for.