Gemic is a global growth strategy firm with offices in NYC, Helsinki, Toronto and Berlin. Since 2008, we have helped business leaders translate emerging shifts in culture and technology into clear future directions and value propositions with transformative power.
Our expertise in the social sciences and business strategy unlocks growth opportunities that create real value and meaning in people’s lives. We ask the questions to decipher what is truly unique about our time, so we can weave together a picture of the possible for businesses.
We are growing fast, and are looking for intellectually curious, brave, and humble people to join us on our journey, with current openings in both Toronto and NYC.
As a Senior Strategist at Gemic, you will be leading and supporting project teams in helping some of the world’s largest and most future-facing companies address their most pressing growth challenges.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING
- Leading and supporting the design and execution of research, primarily involving ethnography/ applied social-sciences, foresight, semiotics, and/or quantitative approaches such as market sizing
- Translating insights into meaningful business insights: culturally relevant strategy and value propositions, along with brand, product, and service platforms
- Coaching and developing junior staff, and fostering an intellectually ambitious culture
- Acting as a main point of liaison and trusted advisor to clients on small-to mid-level projects, as well as a core member of larger, more complex projects
WHAT WE OFFER
- A fast-growing agency where your input plays a crucial part in steering the company forward
- The opportunity to drive work that seeks to resolve the most pressing business challenges of our time
- A conscientious and open environment with some of the most dynamic and inquiring minds in the industry
- A sustainable work-life balance and an environment that plans for the long term
- Competitive salary and benefits
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate:
- is passionate about the way that culture shapes business and business shapes culture, and additionally, is invested in pioneering new pathways within these dynamics
- is perceptive and accommodating; kind and collaborative under pressure
- has distinguished expertise in one of our three core areas (social sciences; innovation & design strategy; business strategy) and is fluent in and passionate about the other two
- has 3+ years of experience in a top-tier strategy consultancy (innovation strategy; human sciences strategy; marketing strategy; business strategy; brand strategy)
HOW TO APPLY
If you have the required expertise and drive to take this on, please send us your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. In addition, please let us know which office you are applying for.