This is a part-time position.
Gemic is looking for a culturally aware, intellectually curious and academically talented individual to research trends and to help manage our proprietary cultural insights platform.
Gemic is a global growth strategy firm with offices in Helsinki and New York. Since 2008, we have helped business leaders translate emerging shifts in culture and technology into clear future directions and value propositions with transformative power. Our unique expertise in human sciences and business strategy unlocks growth opportunities that create real value and meaning in people’s lives.
In order to do this, we need to understand the big shifts, trends and emergent codes that are shaping culture. To assist with this, we have developed a proprietary platform to record and analyse cultural insights. The person we are looking for will have the role of:
- doing independent research on cultural trends, following a brief from us. This will involve internet research and, depending on the brief, research in retail environments, magazines and books. The research will be written up as a report, and will be an important part of insight generation for our projects.
- managing the cultural insights platform. This will involve entering cultural data from independent research, as well as data provided by Gemic’s consultants. The role will also involve a general responsibility to ensure that the platform is fit for purpose.
The ideal candidate
To succeed in this role you should be:
- a bachelor’s or master’s student or graduate in the social sciences or humanities, with an excellent academic track record.
- culturally aware – an avid consumer of media with the skills to identify how the world around you is evolving. This cultural awareness should be enhanced via your academic studies.
- highly analytical, rigorous, and with excellent report-writing skills.
- organised and flexible, with the ability to respond to requests at short notice.
You should be able to commit 16 hours a week to the role, with the potential for some flexibility depending on your circumstances. Generally, the work is flexible and allows for personal planning on a weekly basis, but you should be prepared to respond to briefs at short notice. The role is, of course, remote; you’ll liaise with us via email, Slack and Skype. However, you should be based within easy distance of large, culturally innovative urban centres in the US.
The rate of pay will be $15 an hour.
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, please send your resume, a sample of your academic work, and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.